Tales of Tadeusz

Monday, May 23, 2005

Hohenwald News: Rattler?

The other day, I'm stopping at Phillip 66 to get a fill-up, and there's a guy in a reconditioned Ford pick-up truck of fairly ancient vintage, and he showing off a snake he ran over. It was almost as tall as he was, and he wasn't small.

Turns out the snake was 68 inches in length. Thats 5 ft. 8 in. for all you liberal arts majors out there.

He said it was an Eastern Pine Snake, which brand I'm not familiar with. Any reader care to shed some light? The Ladyfaire said it had the coloration of a "kill first, ask questions later" variety, even if it was innocent. She thought it was a rattler, and she's usually a friend to snakes. Not like me, I tend more toward "Kill em all", unless I'm sure they're okay, like a black snake or an obvious garter snake.

I'll say in the last week or two, I've seen several snakes traipsing across Claude Carroll. I avoided them, or tried to as I figured they were doing no harm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home