Tales of Tadeusz

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hohenwald News: Where Do We Go From Here?

The question of what I should be doing with this blog occurs to me on a pretty regular basis. Its not, should I use this power for good or evil, but what is the best kind of good that I can use it for?

Here is Professor Reynolds, the world's most famed blogger, and a fellow Tennessean, explaining one viewpoint of where to go from here. Its an idea I've been trying to figure out how to do.

Turn the blog into a newspaper, although with the genuinely Hohenwald twist of doing several other things with it at the same time. That is, like some of the businesses I've seen on Main Street who not only sell one line of items, but multiple and often unrelated lines of products. One especially is the fabric sales and used book store which I think is actually a fabulous idea.

Guy goes in shopping with his wife, she hunts fabric, he entertains himself by searching for a book to buy. I hope they expand that section though.

What does it mean to be a newspaper? You have to provide local news, community event calendars, possibly births and obituaries although that might be left for later, and of course, you need to find a way to bring the world to Hohenwald.

Stories about Nashville, Washington, and Baghdad are important to people in Hohenwald. We want to know what is going on in the world.

Cartoons like Cox and Forkum, or Day by Day are enlivening to the newspaper.

Time to go for now, blogging is not a definitive conversation, but something that starts and stops, and now its time for me to stop...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home