Tales of Tadeusz

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hohenwald News: Bush Bashing Stations

Perhaps we should rename the gasoline stations as "Bush Bashing Stations" where one can freely gripe and complain to other long-suffering citizens about the price of gas.

We saw 2.25 the other day. Incredible.

But I'm still not for turning. I talked with a fellow the other day who wondered why we paid so much when we had liberated Iraq. A good question, and I'm not sure of the answer. But his solution, while it might work, is not for me.

He wanted to bomb the lot into submission, and just take their oil. As he said, he's not a nice guy.

Well, I, like President Bush, am mostly a nice guy with a ruthless streak. Perhaps we need to crank up the level of violence, and I would certainly have dealt with the Mullahs of Iran by now, but mostly I think Bush is on target. Mostly I think we need to stay the course.

But just in case I'm a little too nice, a little too calm, there's always guys at the Bush Bashing Stations ready to make up for my lacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home