Tales of Tadeusz

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tennessee Writer: Writing Struggles

Two major issues: One, sometimes my grammar is weak in regard to tense and to run-ons.

I'm hoping to improve this by studying some online lessons.

Two: I almost never write a straight, descriptive sentence. Its hard for me, and yet its a tool that most writers use frequently on every page. This helps them place the hero in the world. Sometimes, I instead will rely on hints, but oftentimes, I think that is too subtle.

I get complaints that my ideas also aren't clear, and I think this is related. As in, yes they are clear, if you were paying attention. But, how many times have I read a book with full attention, and a keen eye to ferret out the likely implications of various facts?

Hmm, Mr. Oh so Superior Writer Man?

Umm, let me get back to you on that.

One solution is for me to go back over my pieces, and add descriptive sentences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home