Tales of Tadeusz

Monday, October 24, 2005

Political Analysis: Support Science?

I like fiscal conservatism. Its a good idea. Its not my top priority however...avoiding Nashville becoming the center of a million degree fireball ranks higher on my list of things to do.

But I'm glad to see fiscal conservatives come out with this Porkbusters idea. Bravo. Well done. It only took them a couple of years of whining to finally demonstrate some positive leadership...the Dems have had far more time, and they're doing worse than whining, and demonstrating zero leadership.

However, this Instapundit led crusade hits a sour note in its trumpet charge when Insty comes out with all sorts of "lets use government to boost science!" Um, no. No way.

Government tends to corrupt what is is associated with. This is why we mostly separate church and state. Lets have a similiar level of separation.

Otherwise, I'm going to be justified in my suspicion that the Libertarian Party is not a principle founded group, but a pressure society for the interests of white, male geeks. Of which I am one, but still, I believe in something nobler than "Lets get mine!"

3 Comments:

  • It's not "Let's get mine!"

    It's "I have no right to TAKE yours without your consent."

    By Blogger John, at 12:09 PM  

  • Oh, I agree thats what Libertarianism's principles say, but in practise, there seems to be a different consideration that governs things for the "lets have government support science" "libertarians".

    By Blogger Eric, at 4:11 AM  

  • Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
    when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
    check it next time!
    Please come by and see my co colorado house cleaning blog.

    By Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home